Thursday 18 August 2011

18 August 2011 - Moorland above Kinloch, Scotland

It's been a difficult catch today, fun, but difficult. The difficult bit is coming to the conclusion that I've still got a long way to go on these moths... First up is this previously unidentified moth which I had confused with the Lesser/Common Rustic complex and have taken a long time to conclude it's true identity. Based on wing tip and kidney mark shape, I am fairly confident that this is a Suspected.


Suspected


Unknown, still...


Another unknown - I'm guessing at Flounced Rustic (and too worn on the wing tip to see if its another Suspected - but I don't think think one is!) Ear spp - presumed Large Ear but waiting 'more detailed examination"....


Haworth's Minor - finally something I could ID!


Haworth's Minor - stocky wee fellas


Dunno (again!) - Square-spot Rustic?


Square-spot Rustic


Rosy Rustic


Dark Arches - lots of variation, as ever, with these


July Highflyer


Shaded Broad-barBrown China-mark

No comments: