Sunday 18 January 2009

18 January 2009 - West Hythe and Camber

A Sunday trip down to West Hythe for the Night Heron was rewarded with an excellent performance of this very confiding (at times) individual.

I say 'performance', it just sat there and occasionally looked up when there was a noise.

After our fill of the Night Heron and a Sunday roast, we headed down to Camber for the King Eider. It's probably accurate to say I didn't have the correct attire on - I'd not taken a coat with me - but most folk on the sea front were hardly spending a great deal of time examining this arctic wonder.

For the record - here's what a King Eider looks like when you try and digiscope in a hurry whilst you're freezing your knackers off!

1 comment:

Warren Baker said...

heh heh heh, made me laugh steve, looks like some of my photo's I took whilst standing in an artic blast a few weeks back. Good Heron pics though!