Monday 6 July 2015

27 June 2015 - Greatstone, Kent

Inspired by folk at Rye Harbour catching Shore Wainscot, I thought I'd try along the coastal sand dunes for a short mothing session - the aim was to moff, pack-up and be back home in time to gate-crash a friends party...

The plan nearly worked... First three moths were two Shore Wainscot and a Sand Dart. I kept going...Rosy Waves, Gallium Carpets, White Spot, Small Mottled Willow...I kept going. A Cabbage Moth convinced me to pack up.

On the road by midnight, broke down (the car, not me) half way to Ashford, mechanic arrived at 2am Sunday morning and I was relayed back home by 3.30am. Decided not in the right mood to gate-crash the party...

As for the Cabbage Moth? I eventually re-ID'd it with grateful help - a White Colon!

White Colon
White Colon
Shore Wainscot
Shore Wainscot
Shore Wainscot
Sand Dart
Sand Dart
Sand Dart
Sand Dart
Small Mottled Willow
Small Mottled Willow
Small Mottled Willow
Rosy Wave
Scarce Footman - with buff hindwing
Dingy Shears
Common Emerald
Pug - Well marked and er....
Bordered Sallow

No comments: