Monday 6 July 2015

25 June 2015 - Walmer Beach, Kent

A family visit to Walmer Castle, showed that the shingle beach was covered in Red Valerian. Inspired by the sight I returned a view days later to hand net any moths nectering. Alas, my plans went a bit Pete Tong when I realised I hadn't actually taken my net - and things didn't get any better when the clear skies resulted in a poor catch in the MVs.

Certainly there was lots of moths on teh Red Valerian, almost certainly Silver Y, Bordered Straw and an interesting hawk-moth that I'd rather not keep reflecting on...

At two minutes past midnight the cloud obscured moon and 5/6 Bright Wave were immediately attracted to the light - wow, a quite unexpected bonus on an odd night which featured many a strange happening in the car park with the local couples...

Bright Wave (with tiny dots on the trainling edge)
Bright Wave (no dots on trailing edge)
Bright Wave (avec dots)
Kent Black Arches
Freyers Pug
Riband Wave - v cold looking
Micro 1
Micro 2
Micro 3
Roesel's Bush Cricket - green form

No comments: